Yield Engineering Systems (“YES”) is a company on the move. YES provides process equipment and solutions to help customers in various industries develop innovative products, in industries like semiconductor, life sciences, medical devices, and back-end packaging. We provide plasma cleaning, monolayer coating, and vacuum curing equipment for many of the world’s largest and fastest growing companies. Our mission is to ensure that our customers accomplish their mission — whether it’s a technological breakthrough or to meet customers’ requirements for successful products.
YES is backed by industry’s leading investors with the goal of growing the company and building a successful enterprise. The VP of System Architecture and Engineering will be a senior member of the leadership team. This role will direct and develop the entire system engineering team (hardware, automation, software, electrical, thermal…) to support the company’s rapid growth.
YES is currently located in Livermore, CA and will be moving into larger development and production facilities & offices in Fremont, CA in early 2020.
VP of System Architecture and Engineering -- Key Responsibilities:
- As leader of the engineering team, the VP of System Architecture and Engineering works with other leaders both within YES (operations, technology, sales and marketing…) and with our external strategic partners to implement the company’s product strategy and deliver products with sustainable competitive advantage and meet company’s financial objectives
- Represents the company’s technical position clearly, skillfully and effectively with world-class customers and technology partners in the global semiconductor, advanced packaging, life sciences and emerging markets
- Works in close partnership with the Operations team, developing the company’s supply chain to enable both rapid prototyping and high-volume low-cost production
- Responsible for building a strong engineering organization and culture, including recruiting and employee development
- Responsible for and leads implementation of engineering (e.g. Agile software development) and product development (e.g. Stage gate) best practices at the Company
- Key member of the team to further grow and bolster company’s innovation and IP strategy
- At least 10 years managing an engineering group in the high-tech equipment business, including major successful product launches
- Preferably has experience of working at a fast-paced growth company with demonstrable business impact
- Must be comfortable with both leading and doing (aka rolling up the sleeves) to accomplish project objectives
- Must be comfortable, capable and effective in non-US business environments
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- Excellent project management skills
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD, MBA, engineering qualification, or equivalent experience)
- Experience with surface modification of silicon and exotic material substrates
Compensation commensurate with qualifications to include salary, bonus, benefits, stock profit sharing.