Semiconductor/Life Sciences/Advanced Packaging Markets
Yield Engineering Systems (YES) has built process equipment for semiconductor, advanced packaging, Life Sciences, Optical, and related technical applications to meet the needs of innovative engineers for over 30 years. YES is conveniently located in Livermore, CA with access to major freeways and transit in the SF Bay Area.
YES currently has an excellent opportunity for a career-minded Process Engineer with relevant experience and a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in chemistry, materials science, and/or engineering. The successful candidate will be trained on equipment that is custom-designed, serviced, and operated by YES.
- Contribute to and run development of processes, hardware, and controls
- Develop new processes, achieve improved film and productivity performance (specifically for cure, coat and PR strip/descum)
- Optimize current processes for polymer cure, monolayer coat and PR strip/descum.
- Create, plan and meet process project schedules
- Manage process development equipment and metrology systems in Apps Lab
- Characterize and document processes and films
- Evaluate and report system performance (software/hardware)
- Start up new processes at customer sites and transfer new technology to field process engineers
- Work with customers and field personnel to define specific projects and execute CIP projects to improve process
- Perform customer demos of new processes and report performance
- Interface with customers to understand and solve their problems
- Provide sales and marketing with technical support
- Present and publish papers about your results
- Apply statistical methods to the design of experiments. Create test plans for DOEs and process developments
- Define, write, and update process specifications, process instructions, BOMs etc.
- Write test protocols, perform tests to fully characterize new equipment or processes utilizing DOE methodology or other statistically sound methods, then write completion reports
- Train, develop, and/or provide work direction to operators, technicians and junior level engineers
- BS/MS/Ph.D. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering, Electrical Engineering etc.
- 3+ years of semiconductor or Life Sciences related process engineering experience
- In depth experience in CVD/PECVD/monolayer CVD
- Proven project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with a variety of personnel including Manufacturing, Systems Engineering, Marketing, Sales, and Customer Support
- Strong teamwork orientation
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative to deal with customers and to analyze and solve process issues
- Working understanding of quality statistical models and metrics (confidence/reliability intervals, DOE, regression/trending, SPC, acceptance plans)
- Must be willing to travel internationally and domestically up to 20% of the time for system training and process installation and qualification