The technologist we are seeking to support our YES team would include vacuum operations, maintenance and rebuilding vacuum components and systems. Developing of bench tests and gather data via empirical testing and data acquisition. You will also support and manage various vacuum equipment their supporting facilities, review technical work & documentation.
Yield Engineering Systems is a rapidly growing company providing equipment for the Semiconductor and Life Science industries. The company is currently located in Livermore, CA and will be moving into new and larger offices in Fremont, CA in early 2020.
- Perform hands-on assembly, in-process testing, and system-level testing of full-scale semiconductor/Life sciences OEM Equipment, both production equipment & prototypes.
- Participate in the planning, setup and configuration of testbeds with integrated electronics modules, pick and place atmospheric substrate handling robots and electromechanical parts and high vacuum equipment.
- Support the planning efforts for and execution of system-level and electrical / mechanical subsystems-level hardware qualification activities, including functional and process testing and development of associated test specifications and plans
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and education in related field
- Leadership experience and cross-team engagement experience
- Strong problem-solving skills and willingness to learn new skills, new technologies, and develop solutions based on project needs
- Knowledge of and experience with electromechanical design, fabrication, installation, testing
- Experience planning, coordinating and executing tests of electromechanical/process hardware, with clear formal documentation of results
- Ability to complete work on time consistently and with minimal guidance
- Proven oral and written communication skills
• Ability to function well in a diverse, team-focused, fast-paced environment with changing requirements
Extensive hands-on electromechanical experience, such as with high vacuum equipment (pumps, gauges & control valving), electromechanical assembly/fabrication, cable fabrication, splicing, soldering, robot teaching.
Experience with data acquisition systems, and installation of transducers, MFC’s (Mass Flow Controllers) to include pressure gauges, magnehelic differential pressure gauges, anemometers and thermocouples.
Experience with trouble-shooting electronic & mechanical components and systems.
Compensation commensurate with qualifications to include salary, bonus, benefits, stock profit sharing.