Dielectric Vacuum Cure Ovens
YES-VertaCure (fully automated)
PB Series (manual load)
Vapor Deposition Systems
YES-LabCoat (R&D size)
High Vacuum Ovens
VertaVac (fully automated)
PB-HV Series (manual load)
Plasma Strip/Descum Systems
Plasma Cleaning Systems
HMDS Prime Ovens
Fan Out Wafer Level Packaging
Vapor Phase Deposition
MEMS Industry Challenge
Microelectromechanical Systems (MEMS) typically have moving parts that are sensitive to the operating pressure, the partial pressure of water vapor in the package, or both. For example, infrared sensors need to operate in a pressure <10
Torr in order to be thermally isolated from the outside world and maintain adequate sensitivity. MEMS gyros increase in their sensitivity as the pressure in a package decreases. Water vapor can also cause stiction, where device components are “glued” together by thin films of water and unable to function.
When creating a high-reliability MEMS package, it is imperative to have complete moisture removal prior to hermetic sealing the package. After packaging, moisture removal is required over the lifetime of the MEMS device. Maintaining a controlled ambient in a packaged MEMS depends on the use of getters that absorb the outgassed species from the packaging materials that would otherwise degrade the vacuum environment.
Successful devices and package systems require a good vacuum or a controlled ambient. For optimal performance, the following must occur:
Proper processing to reduce trapped gases in the package
Hermetically sealing the package
Providing a means to absorb gases that outgas into the package
The YES-VertaVac automated ovens and the YES-450PB-HV (High Vacuum) manual load ovens provide the processing environment which allows both a degas/ moisture abatement process for the MEMS devices and a getters activation process in a single tool.
for more information on meeting the MEMS packaging challenge.
News & Updates
April 29-May 2, 2019
- Visit YES at booth #306 at CS Mantech in Minneapolis
May 28-31, 2019
- Visit YES at booth #219 at ECTC in Las Vegas
March 4-7, 2019
- Visit YES at Booth #64 at the IMAPS Device Packaging Conference in Arizona
December 20, 2018
- YES Announces Initial Shipments of YES-
coClean Photoresist Strip/Descum System
Read more »
October 23-24, 2018
- Visit YES at Booth #7 at the International Wafer Level Packaging Conference at the San Jose Doubletree Hotel.
October 1-3, 2018
- Visit YES at Booth # 8 at Lab On a Chip at the Coronado Island Marriott Resort & Spa (San Diego, CA).
August 31, 2018
- YES Signs Scientech Corporation as New Sales Rep for China, Taiwan and SE Asia
Read more »
July 10-12, 2018
- Visit YES at SEMICON West in South Hall Booth #810 in San Francisco, CA
May 29-31, 2018
- Visit YES at Booth #202 at ECTC in San Diego, CA.
May 7-9, 2018 -
Visit YES at Booth #100 at CSManTech in Austin, Texas.
See our list of